Tips to Save Money on Purchase of Home Appliances
Appliances that we buy for our home are often one of the most expensive purchases in our life. Whether we choose the cheapest line or the most expensive line, we spend a good amount of money to purchase them. And since they make our lives easier in many ways, it’s also true that we try to purchase the best model without spoiling our budget. So the question is how can we save money while purchasing home appliances? Given below are some tips as an answer to this question:
- Look for Trade-In options: This is my favorite option because it provides the opportunity of purchasing a new in-box appliance without spending much from the pocket. You might’ve traded-in your old car sometime in your life to purchase a new car, but do you know that you can do the same while purchasing a home appliance too? Yep my friend, it’s true. You just need to find out a trade-in deal in your locality, which can be done easily by checking with the dealers in your area.
- Shop around the festive season: This is my second favorite option because here too we get an opportunity to purchase new in-box items on heavy discounts. In most countries purchasing appliances near the festive season is the best option to save money because companies come up with awesome festive deals and discounts. Even better, some also offer attractive incentives if you purchase from credit cards or store credit. Get your eyes on the ads of newspapers and websites during the festive season and stay prepared for closing a deal. Also check the departmental stores of shopping malls on regular basis. Chances are higher that you’ll find a great deal to make your purchase.
- Buy the model of last year: If purchasing the latest model doesn’t matter a lot to you then congratulations! You qualify for massive savings on your next appliance purchase. Just buy the model of last year and you’ll see the difference yourself. Best time to purchase is somewhere between the months of September and October because at that time stores suffer from pressure of cleaning space for new arrivals.
- Buy a floor model of the appliance: How much do you care about the box in which your appliance comes? If not much then you can save big on your appliance purchase because store owners offer discounts on the floor models of appliances. There’s nothing wrong with these models except a box of cardboard. Sacrifice a little packaging and save bigger on your appliance purchase.
- Find out some small appliance stores: A number of such stores may depend on your locality, but in most cases you can find at least one such store in your city. Pricing options of small appliance stores are usually lower in comparison to the options of bigger appliance stores. Often such stores receive discounts from manufacturers for selling the older models, so you must consider them if your goal is to save money. Sometimes you may find yourself wandering from one store to another, but that’s how you’ll find an appliance that suits your needs.
- Purchase from Outlet Stores: These stores offer appliances which are either no longer in production or have been returned by someone due to any reason, but are in decent working condition. Try looking for outlet stores in your locality. Chances are they’ll be located away from the mainstream shopping area. They offer good discounts while still holding up to the warranties and servicing options on appliances sold by them.
- Purchase from Scratch and Dent Section: If you don’t mind about a scratch on your new appliance and care only about its functionality then this will be a great option. Purchase your appliance from the scratch and dent section of store and enjoy the bigger savings. However, ensure that all warranties apply on your purchase and there’s no defect in the functionality of appliance that you’re buying.
- Choose the size wisely: What’s the point of purchasing overly large appliances when a smaller option can fulfill your needs? Choose the size of your appliances wisely and according to family needs because larger appliances often do nothing instead of increasing costs. If your needs can be fulfilled by a smaller appliance, go for it!
- Compare ads of multiple stores: I know you don’t touch your local newspaper after digital revolution of iPad, but if you want to save money on your home appliance purchase then get your eyes on them for a small time at least. Compare the ads of multiple local store owners and figure out who is offering more discounts on the purchase of same or similar appliances. This small exercise will let you know that how much you’ll be able to save even before you go to the store.